1. A note about Minors. The MiFinder Service is intended for users 18 years and older only (twenty-one (21) years in places where eighteen (18) years is not the age of majority). We do not intentionally gather Personal Data about visitors who are under the age of 18.
2. A Note To Users Outside Of The United Kingdom. Your Personal Data may be processed in the country in which it was collected and in other countries, including the United Kingdom, where laws regarding processing of Personal Data may be less stringent than the laws in your country.
3. Types Of Data We Collect. “Personal Data” means data that allows someone to identify or contact you, including, for example, your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, as well as any other non-public information about you that is associated with or linked to any of the foregoing data. “Anonymous Data” means data that is not associated with or linked to your Personal Data; Anonymous Data does not, by itself, permit the identification of individual persons. We collect Personal Data and Anonymous Data as described below.
3.1 Data You Provide to Us.
(a) Profile. We may collect Personal Data from you, such as your photo, display name, status, relationship, looking for, ethnicity, age, height, weight, social network link, “Favorites”, “Blocks” and any other information you voluntarily add to your profile on the MiFinder App or is generated by your use of the MiFinder Service (“Profile Information”).
(b) Instant Message. When you send an instant message (which may include photos or location) to other users of the MiFinder Service, we will retain the messages (“Instant Messages”) as required by the operation of the MiFinder Service.
(c) Feedback/Support. If you provide us feedback or contact us via e-mail (e.g., for support), we will collect your name and e-mail address, as well as any other content included in the e-mail, in order to send you a reply. If you contact us for support, we may also collect and retain certain technical diagnostic data, e.g., your phone model.
(d) Mailing List. If you provide us your email address for inclusion in our mailing lists, we will collect your email address.
(e) Surveys. When you participate in one of our surveys (which may be provided by a third party service provider), we may collect additional information that you provide through the survey
(g) If you purchase a subscription service from us, we (or our third party service provider) will collect all information necessary to complete the transaction, including your name, credit card information, billing information, address, telephone number, and email address. If we use a third party service provider, the service provider may provide certain information back to us (e.g., your name, phone number, and email address).
(i) Partner Promotion. We may collect information you voluntarily provide when you enter into a Partner Promotion, as described below.
(j) Other. We may also collect Personal Data at other points in the MiFinder Service that state that Personal Data is being collected. MiFinder will retain Profile Information and Instant Messages in the MiFinder App or on the servers for the MiFinder Service, for as long as needed to provide the MiFinder Service and to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our agreements.
3.2 Data Collected via Technology.
(a) Device Information. We will collect an ID that is unique to the mobile device on which you install the MiFinder App (“Device ID” and “Device”, respectively). For example, if you installed the MiFinder App on an Apple Device, we store your UDID. We may create a hashed version of your Device ID and use your hashed Device ID to log you into the MiFinder Service. We may store your Device ID and/or your hashed Device ID with other information we collect about you, including your Profile Information and your instant message information. We will collect certain software and hardware information about your Device.
(b) Distance Information. When you use the MiFinder App, we will collect your location to determine your distance from other users (“Distance Information”) through the GPS, Wi-Fi, and/or cellular technology in your Device (e.g., iPhone, BlackBerry, iPad, iPod Touch or Android device). Your last known location is stored on our servers for the purpose of calculating Distance Information between you and other users.
(d) Third Parties. Our advertisers and partners may also use their own cookies. We do not control use of these cookies used by advertisers and partners and expressly disclaim responsibility for information collected through them. Additionally, be aware that advertisers and partners may also use their own clear gifs and we do not control use of these by advertisers and partners and expressly disclaim responsibility for information collected through them.
4. Use of Your Data
4.2 Creation of Anonymous Data. We may create Anonymous Data records from Personal Data by excluding information (such as your name) that make the data personally identifiable to you. We use this Anonymous Data to analyze request and usage patterns so that we may enhance the MiFinder Service. MiFinder reserves the right to use Anonymous data for any purpose and disclose Anonymous Data to third parties in its sole discretion.
5.1 IMPORTANT NOTE ABOUT PROFILE INFORMATION. YOU UNDERSTAND THAT WHEN YOU USE THE MIFINDER APP, AS A DEFAULT, YOUR PROFILE INFORMATION (DEFINED ABOVE) IS PUBLIC AND OTHER USERS OF THE MIFINDER APP CAN SEE YOUR PROFILE INFORMATION. DO NOT INCLUDE INFORMATION IN YOUR PROFILE THAT YOU WANT TO KEEP PRIVATE. MiFinder App users can use the search feature in the MiFinder App to search for other users by different profile criteria, like age, ethnicity, etc. Your Profile Information will be used for these searches. The MiFinder App user interface may include a feature to make certain items of Profile Information non-public, in which case we will respect your selection. However, even if you choose to make non-public certain items of your Profile Information if and as permitted by the user interface, sophisticated users who use the MiFinder App in an unauthorized manner may nevertheless be able to obtain this information. The MiFinder App may include a feature that allows you to designate certain users as “Favorites” or “Blocked”. Generally, this designation is only viewable by you; however, sophisticated users who use the MiFinder App in an unauthorized manner may be able to determine which users you have designated as Favorites or Blocked. YOU HEREBY CONSENT TO THE DISCLOSURE OF YOUR PROFILE INFORMATION AS DESCRIBED ABOVE.
5.2 IMPORTANT NOTE ABOUT DISTANCE INFORMATION. YOU UNDERSTAND THAT WHEN YOU USE THE MIFINDER APP, AS A DEFAULT, YOUR DISTANCE INFORMATION IS PUBLIC AND OTHER USERS OF THE MIFINDER APP CAN SEE YOUR DISTANCE INFORMATION WITHIN YOUR PROFILE. MiFinder App users can use the search feature in the MiFinder App to search for other users by distance. Your Distance Information will be used for these searches. Your Distance Information is public, but the MiFinder App may include a feature to hide or change the accuracy of your Distance Information, in which case we will respect your selection. However, even if you choose to hide the display of your Distance Information, sophisticated users who use the MiFinder App in an unauthorized manner may nevertheless be able to determine your location. YOU HEREBY CONSENT TO THE DISCLOSURE OF YOUR DISTANCE INFORMATION AS DESCRIBED ABOVE.
5.5 Partner Promotion. We may disclose information you voluntarily provide when you enter into a Partner Promotion, as described below.
5.7 Other Disclosures. Regardless of any choices you make regarding your Personal Data (as described below), MiFinder may disclose Personal Data in response to subpoenas, warrants, or court orders, or in connection with any legal process, or to comply with relevant laws; to establish or exercise our rights to defend against legal claims; if we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, safety of person or property, violation of our policies, or as otherwise required by law.
6. Partner Promotions. We may offer contests, sweepstakes, or other promotions with our third party partners from time to time (“Partner Promotion”). If additional or different privacy practices govern a Partner Promotion, then we will present you the additional or different terms prior to your entering the Partner Promotion, and such terms will apply to how we collect, use and disclose the information you provide through the Partner Promotion.
8. Your Choices Regarding Your Personal Data; Changing Your Personal Data
8.2 Apple. If you are using the MiFinder App on an Apple iOS4 device, Apple Inc.’s iAd network states that users may opt out of behavioral targeting by visiting http://oo.apple.com from your iOS4 device.
8.3 Changes to your Personal Data. You may change certain fields of your Profile Information by editing your profile in the MiFinder App. You may request deletion of your Personal Data by us, but please note that we may be legally required to keep this information and not delete it (or to keep this information for a certain time, in which case we will comply with your deletion request only after we have fulfilled such requirements). When we delete any information, it will be deleted from the active database, but may remain in our archives. We may keep your Device ID, hashed Device ID, and your usage history (which includes a history of text or photos that have been censored, bans, as well as a history of profile photos uploaded) for administrative purposes.
9. Security Of Your Personal Data. MiFinder is committed to protecting the security of your Personal Data from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. We use a variety of industry-standard security technologies and procedures to help protect your Personal Data from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100 percent secure, however. Therefore, while MiFinder uses reasonable efforts to protect your Personal Data from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure, MiFinder cannot guarantee its absolute security.